Saturday, April 14, 2012

Walkin' on Sunshine

Happiness... we all want it, search for it, grab it, lose it, get it back, lose it - again; I don't think there is anyone who could honestly say they don't want to be happy; but it's such a subjective thing isn't it?  I remember asking someone if they were happy; they were quiet for a moment whilst they contemplated the question and then they replied that they were content as happiness was a momentary or short-lived emotion in extreme.  At the time I thought that was a great response but now I'm not so sure!  Why shouldn't we be happy?  What's wrong with a more extreme version of content?  I for sure wouldn't turn it down.

In my own search for happiness I've read a lot about it...

 here
 and here
 I really enjoyed Gretchen Rubin's book about her search for happiness - you can even sign up for your own happiness project here.

The reality is, that happiness means different things to us all, but the big things, health, good relationships and enough money to pay the bills probably apply to all of us. Then there are the unique things about our personalities that contribute to making us happy as individuals - for me it's time to be creative; time to sit still and be; fresh sea air and good food to share; it's music that lifts our souls and for me happiness is always encapsulated by this song, reminding me of a happy, light-filled time of my life...

What makes you happy?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment